Theme of the fifth BHF Dialogue 20/20 series webinar to take place this Wednesday (2 September) will be “A roadmap towards strengthening Africa’s healthcare systems – Universal Health Coverage ready and resilient”.
COVID-19 has exposed gaps in Africa’s health systems. Home to 1.3 billion people, the continent has recorded more than one million cases, 24 000 deaths and close to a million recoveries.
Preparing for the next pandemic has become a priority for many countries. How healthcare professionals, funders and policy makers approach this issue today will impact on how each country moves towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Experts participating in this session (featured below) will unpack key learnings from a number of challenges exposed by the pandemic and share insights on Africa’s preparedness for future pandemics.
Discussion points will include:
· A standardised response plan for Africa (How can the various countries be better prepared for the next pandemic?)
· What are the Key Findings / Research on the Burden of disease?
· The importance of Effective Coverage
· The importance of Leadership (what has COVID exposed?)
· Why Public Private Partnerships are important more than before?
· Why Africa needs to invest more in its Value Chain?
· Post COVID (How can we use health to boost the Economy?)
· An Actuarial perspective on the region
· Why it is important to manage Fraud, Waste and Abuse in the region?
DATE: Wednesday, 2 September 2020
FORMAT: Online Webinar (Zoom)
DESIRED OUTCOMES: Solutions on how we can re-organise the healthcare ecosystem to meet the needs of the health citizen
*Further details and registration can be accessed at https://www.bhfglobal.com/bhf-dialogue-2020/